Restorative – what does it even mean?
Ever wondered what this thing ‘restorative’ is all about? Have people in your school started using the word ‘restorative’ and you feel like you need a bit more information before you decide if it’s for you or your school? Has Peacemakers been recommended to you and you feel that seeing them in action might be a good starting point before you commit to anything?
Peacemakers is running a 1 day Introductory course where you will be introduced to:
- underlying theory, philosophy and values of restorative practice;
- some of the language and questions and ways of thinking that form part of a restorative way of working;
- some of the key skills needed to carry out safe and effective restorative practice in your setting.
This course will help you to:
- Help you to sort out minor problems in the classroom and on the playground
- Help you to help children develop empathy and build relationships with one another
- Develop your conflict resolution skills
- Help you to support others who are developing restorative practices for the school